According to the 1923 map of Loudoun developed by OL Emerick, Superintendent (available in the Balch Library, Leesburg), Cool Spring (white) was between Sycoline and Leesburg. Cool Spring sale of 1947 to William and Mary Colbertson indicated property was 3 miles SE of Leesburg and in the Leesburg Magisterial District.
At the present, we do not have a photograph; but the insurance records from 1940 indicate that the school house was a one story, detached, frame building on stone foundation, with metal roof. It was approximately 25’x33′ with an addition of approximately 13’x 13′. It contained only one room and was heated by a stove, the flue of which was of standard construction. In 1940, the facility was in good condition and insured for $500.