Photos of Purcellville were taken in 1940
Built in 1922, with an addition in 1937, this was a one story and basement detached, frame stucco building with composition roof on concrete foundation. The school had seven class rooms, an auditorium and small library on the main floor and four additional classrooms in the basement. It was lit with electricity and heated by a low pressure steam heating plant. The main portion was approximately 103.5′ 64′. The auditorium was approximately 68′ x 47.5′ and another addition was approximately 41.5′ by 32.5′. In 1940, the building was in good condition and insured for $25,000.