Round Hill (white) Photos from 1940
The former Round Hill school was erected in 1911, with an extension added in 1929. This was a one and two story detached, stone building with slate roof. The structure had eight rooms and an auditorium, the later which consisted of practically the entire one story section.
The building was heated by a low pressure steam heating plant and lit by electricity, furnished with water and equipped with the usual plumbing fixtures necessary to the occupancy. The two story portion was approximately 54’x60′ and also contained a basement. The auditorium addition was a one story approximately 47′ x 67.5′. The addition was attached to the main building by a passage way which was approximately 8′ by 22′. In 1940, the school house was considered modern and in excellent condition, thus insured for $20,000.