Bridges School White
Opening and Closing
The Schoolhouse was constructed in 1870 by Benjamin Bridges, Jr. who established a school for local farm children. The school operated from 1870 to 1875
Physical and Map Location
Claude Moore Park, 21544 Old Vestals Gap Rd, Sterling, VA 20164
The teacher lived on the second floor, and classes were conducted on the first floor.
Bridges Schoolhouse is the oldest existing schoolhouse in eastern Loudoun County. The restoration of the building was completed in 2014.
A slideshow of the renovation project can be seen on YouTube.
Insurance and Physical Description