Brittain Colored


  • See also Guinea
  • Built about 1889 and known as both Briton and Brittain.  Source: EWP 6.1  1892/93-1897/98 Virginia School Register, held in archives of Lovettsville Historical Society.
  • Closed 1915 and later became known as Guinea in 1919-1921.
  • Location.   Near Arnold’s Store, Lovettsville.
  • Construction: Frame, One room with coal stove, window ventilation with and water bucket and tin.


None are known to exist.