Little River White
Opening and Closing
1887 - 1936/37.
Physical and Map Location
40348 Braddock Rd, Aldie
Little River Teacherage and Little River White School are on opposite sides of Braddock.
- Probably about 1927: A list of 11 parents and their children's names and ages. Such lists were often produced as a method of arguing to keep a school open or to reopen a school that had been closed due to a low student population.
- 1933: 19 Patrons request the appointment of Mrs. Mary H. Megeath as the teacher for the 1933/34 session.
- 1935: 32 Patrons protesting the closing of Little River School and requesting its re-opening for the session beginning Sep 1935.
- Was in the Broad Run School District.
- Earliest student cards date back to 1917/18
- School was closed 1924/25-1927/28.
- Final closure was in 1936/37 on October 1 when the students were hauled to Aldie.
1920/24. Mrs. Alice C. Hutchison. Age 49 in 1920/21. had 10 years of experience. Certificate was issues in 1918. Attended Luray Institute. Born 30 Jan 1871. Died 30 Nov 1962.
1933/34. Petition asked that Mrs. Mary H. Megeath be appointed as teacher. We don't know if successful.
Insurance and Physical Description
- Opened in 1887 as a one room frame structure at the cost of $350. State of repair was fair.
- US Flag few from front of school.
- I acred property was encloised with a fence on three sides.
- 2 Toilets were pit type in good condition,