Opening and Closing
Built Nov 10, 1873.
Closed 1929/30 and students removed to Lucketts.
Physical and Map Location
16010 James Madison Highway, Leesburg. See vertical files in the Edwin Washington Archives, Douglass HS Building, Leesburg. Files include 1973 plat of original one story one room school, plus additions.
North wing of a house at the NE corner of Route 125 and Limestone School Road.
Bernard Costello in the early 1900's. Remembered as great at math instruction.
Elizabeth Weadon boarded at Properwell. Limestone's last teacher.
Not on the 1940 insurance survey in Box 11, but is on the 1923 Emerick map.