Little River Colored

Edited 8/18/2023


Opening and Closing

1924:  The County School Board voted to close Little River for the 1924/25 Academic Year. Source:  Emerick, Ruth. M. (1924). Minutes of the County School Board Meeting for March 17, 1924. Purcellville

Physical and Map Location



We do not know how students reached the school, though given that it was a school for Blacks and given the era, we surmise that they walked.  Some might have gone by horseback.   



Insurance and Physical Description

 Insured by LCPS system in 1931 as a “colored” school in the Broad Run District.  See box 11 in EWP archives.